Job Posting: SEIU Texas; Bilingual English Spanish Grievance Representative
Posted: Apr 22 2014
Bilingual English Spanish Grievance Representative
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage and execute the steps of the grievance process.
• Support and execute all aspects of grievance, Labor Board and other hearings as needed.
• Effectively support the preparation and execution of arbitrations, and fully argue cases before an arbitration panel.
• Support contract negotiations as necessary.
• Perform strike support, including organizing community support, helping pressure employers, back to work assignments.
• Train, recruit and develop stewards in all matters regarding grievance handling and representational issues.
• Support the union’s Member Resource Center when necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources, Economics or equivalent experience in the labor movement.
• Knowledge and understanding of collective bargaining and Human Resources issues.
• Demonstrated ability to apply labor law and employment policies, practices and procedures.
• Sound interpersonal and communication skills appropriate to providing a quality member experience.
• Skill to cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to manage and prioritize work, subject to dynamic deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to assess information and evidence, and decide on appropriate course of action
• Excellent writing skill for business communications and arbitration briefs.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work long, irregular hours, including occasional weekends.
• Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
Salary and Benefits
• Salary is competitive and negotiable.
• Full benefits package including health insurance, a pension plan and paid vacation.
• Car allowance.
SEIU Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/456c273