Effective Date: 10/15/12
Thank you for visiting Hispanic.com. The Hispanic Group LLC (“Hispanic Group,” “us,” or “we”) allows you to enjoy content and features on Hispanic.com without directly providing any contact information. Federal law requires us to tell you how we collect, use, share, and protect any personal information that you provide to us, as well as limits what we can do with this information. If you choose to share contact information with us, Hispanic.com will make you aware of any options you have for controlling the use of this information at the time it is collected. You are also given the opportunity to opt out of commercial email messages from Hispanic.com or service by following the instructions contained in any such message.
2. Information Collected
Information you provide directly to Hispanic.com
You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit Hispanic.com but we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the website:
- Contact information, such as name, title, company, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, zipcode and website;
- User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
- Age, gender, avatar, URL and date of birth;
- Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
- Search queries;
- Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to a particular site or service (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
- Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile or U.S. mail).
Information Collected automatically on Hispanic.com
Hispanic.com may collect certain information automatically, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Websites you visited before and after visiting Hispanic.com;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Hispanic.com;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; and
- Standard server log information.
Information Obtained from Other Sources
To improve the quality of the Website, we may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties. If you access the Website through a third-party connection or log-in, we may also collect your public user ID associated with that third-party service, and any information you may have made public in connection with that service and that the third party shares with Hispanic Group. We may also collect information about you from other sources, including from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
- Name, postal address, and telephone number;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level; and,
- Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across Hispanic.com.
3. Use of Information
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters.
- Analyze the use of Hispanic.com and information about visitors to our website to understand and improve our service offerings;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information
Hispanic Group is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
- Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of Hispanic.com, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations.
5. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on Hispanic.com without directly providing us with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on Hispanic.com.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email messages from Hispanic.com or service by following the instructions contained in any such message.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you must keep that information up-to-date. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time.
7. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Hispanic.com but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
8. Social Networking Services
Third-party social networking services, such as Facebook, Google+, and Twitter may include their cookies on Hispanic.com to support social network integration and functionality. Hispanic.com has integrated these third-party social networking services in order to offer you certain services and features through the Website. For example, you can use such third-party social networking services to log into Hispanic.com or to share information about your experience on Hispanic.com with your friends and followers on those services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including about your activity on Hispanic.com, and they also may notify your friends that you are a Hispanic.com user or about your use of the Website, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies.
9. California Visitors
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which Hispanic.com has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want a copy of such a list, please contact us. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the subject field of your name, email address, as well as your complete physical address including the street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that lack complete information.
10. Visiting from Outside the United States
Hispanic Group is headquartered in the United States. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use of the Hispanic.com may be processed and transferred to the United States and be subject to U.S. law. The privacy and data protection laws in the U.S. may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using Hispanic.com or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S.
11. Ability to Accept Terms of Service and Privacy Protections for Children
Hispanic.com is intended for a general audience and is not intended for children under the age of 13 and by using the Website you affirm that you are over the age of 13. Accordingly we do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. In those instances where Hispanic.com has actual knowledge that it collects information from children, or offers a service directed toward children, it will comply with applicable laws, including the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
The Hispanic Group LLC
9800 Airport Blvd. Suite 190
San Antonio, TX 78216
Facsimile Number: (210) 276-0247